Presidential aide unhappy with being called ‘Buhari’s boy’

Senator Babafemi Ojodu who is the special adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on political matters has denied claim that he is being backed by the president for the Ekiti gubernatorial ticket.
Ojudu who is contesting for Ekiti governorship seat said he has done enough for himself to deserve the position.
We reportedthat Ojudu made this comment when he picked up the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Thursday, April 13.
He said: “Let me say this, I am not the President’s candidate. I’m nobody’s candidate. The president is a father to all of us. I have a history in this country. I started fighting the military at the age of 27. I wrote my first ‘will’ at the age of 29. I was locked up 15 times between 1993 and 1998. I am a man of myself. I fought Babangida, I fought Abacha, I fought Obasanjo, I campaigned for democracy, I campaigned for good governance, I campaigned for human right and I suffered for it.
“I was in prison for nine months, I wore one cloth for nine month. That cloth I wore for nine month is in the museum at the epicentre of Ekiti state.
“So, at my level, at 57, I am not a crippled, I am not a baby, I don’t need crutches, I do have to be President’s candidate. In fact, I am coming too late. I have enough knowledge and education to be President of this country. Therefore, it is an insult to say somebody is carrying me, I don’t need anybody to carry me.
“President Buhari is our leader, he is our president and he is the leader of our party. If you know him very well, he’s a fair-minded person. If I decide today, if his wife is from Ekiti and she’s in this race with me, President Buhari will still be fair to all of us. That’s the man I know. So, perish that thought. If anybody comes to you to say, he is being backed or presented by the President, know that person is a bloody liar.”
Meanwhile, the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), John Odigie-Oyegun, declared on Monday, March 19, that the forthcoming governorship election in Ekiti is a ‘must-win’ for his party as he visited the state.
Oyegun, who was in the state on membership drive, reportedly addressed leaders and members of the party in the state at an interactive forum emphasizing that the party would deploy every available resource to win the election which holds on July 14.
Nigerian Tribune reports that Oyegun told the members that the delegates’ list for the party primaries was ready.

Share: